Is Back Buton working?

1. 8 years ago

steveharman

24 Mar 2016 User since 2016

I'm just finding my feet with Creo and experimenting with basic navigation. Just to practice, I've added a button to a simple TabBar project and a detail screen which is loaded when the button is clicked. So far so good - but I can never get a back button to appear once the detail screen is loaded.

I've checked the 'Visible Back Button' and 'Show Back Button' options for the window that I load on button click ('DetailScreen'), yet a Back Button never seems to appear. This is probably just my misunderstanding of how to do it properly. :-)

There's a recording here: https://goo.gl/PGxCZg

Thanks,

Steve

p.s.
    If you ever more away from esoTalk as your forum software, could I suggest the equally free NodeBB as a replacement? From a support point of view it's a real pain not being able to drag & drop screenshots, attachments (Creo projects) or videos into a conversation.

2. andrea

24 Mar 2016 Administrator User since 2016

Hi Steve, the back button is only shown in the navigation bar if you open a window in a navigation controller. In your example there isn't a navigation so, to come back to the previous screen, you can add a new button to the DetailScreen and configure its action to open the TabBar1

3. steveharman

24 Mar 2016 User since 2016
    Edited 8 years ago by steveharman

p e r f e c t ! :-)

Working fine now, thanks Andrea.

One thing though; what's the difference between "Show back button" in the Navigation Items inspector and "Visible Back Button" in the Navigation Bar inspector? They sound fairly similar.

Really looking forward to getting into some docs and tutorials when available....

Thanks again

Steve

or Sign Up to reply!