b5 Pagesplit

1. 7 years ago

Joel_Eisenstat

18 Oct 2016 User since 2016

Hi All,
    While I appreciate the effort in redesigning the page split navigation it doesn't seem to work as
    'advertised', same dark screen for detail , secondary windows as (in b3?) previously seen.
    Additionally existing b4.2 projects are crashing and I have to test with new projects.
    OS X 10.12 MacPro
    Joel

2. marco

19 Oct 2016 Administrator User since 2016

Hi @Joel_Eisenstat, old projects are not more compatible with the various class changes integrated into this b5 version. Does the PageSplit issue is reproducible with a project created from scratch in b5?

3. Joel_Eisenstat

19 Oct 2016 User since 2016

Yes - testing with all new projects . I realise there was a lot of 'pressure' to release but so far it feels
    very unstable, lots of crashes from various approaches . I will have more time to test and document
    areas starting Friday.
    Regards
    Joel

4. marco

20 Oct 2016 Administrator User since 2016

@Joel_Eisenstat we just released version 1.0b5.2 which should fix a lot of issues.
    We re-tested again the new PageSplit control and we encountered no major issues.
    Please report any bug you'll find so we can fix all of them as soon as possibile.

Thanks a lot.
    Marco Bambini

5. Joel_Eisenstat

20 Oct 2016 User since 2016

Hi Marco,
    1.0b5.2 works ! Much appreciation for your time and effort. Just a couple of questions regarding MasterTable : Can the dataset page split be generated programmatically ? For example the MasterTable is generated via the backend so the app can be expanded "on the fly" . Also an example to demonstrate if it is possible to have a hierarchical table with sections - May I suggest example blog postings to keep interest high. After that a nap may in order.
    Regards,
    Joel

6. marco

21 Oct 2016 Administrator User since 2016

Hi @Joel_Eisenstat yes a PageSplit can be dynamically generated started from any DataSet.
    The trick is to have both the Table inMaster and the CustomView in Details bound to the same DataSet and the same id. I attached an example that shows you how to use it.
    I'll write a post article (and documentation) as soon as I can.

P.S. hierarchical tables with sections are not yet exposed in Creo.

7. virtualbrands

21 Oct 2016 User since 2016
    Edited 7 years ago by virtualbrands

@Marco - undo or redo functions do not work for me. Sometimes works and other times do not...
    I can't figure why!

8. Joel_Eisenstat

21 Oct 2016 User since 2016

Thanks for the update - looking forward to the post
    Joel

9. marco

22 Oct 2016 Administrator User since 2016

@virtualbrands we know thanks, and we'll fix it before the final release

or Sign Up to reply!