Navigation Actions

1. 7 years ago

Joel_Eisenstat

20 Oct 2016 User since 2016

Hi Marco ,
    It could be I am not using Creo as intended but I find an action to open a window from one navigation to an other navigation does not seem to work .
    Joel

2. marco

21 Oct 2016 Administrator User since 2016

Hi @Joel_Eisenstat, can you please describe what you would like to do?

3. Joel_Eisenstat

21 Oct 2016 User since 2016

For example a button in a window under page split navigation has an action to open a window under a different navigation controller. The event inspector seems to allow this but the intended window does not open. ( open 'window' in 'navigation' with default )
    The event action works within the same navigation.
    Joel

4. marco

Assuming you have a PageSplit1 navigation (with a Master and a Detail window) and a Navigation1 navigation with a Window1 window. The process needs to be improved but you can achieve what you are trying to do with the following steps:

• In Button1.action (inside Detail window) write: Navigation1.openIn(Detail); (basically you first need to load Navigation1 in a modal way).
    • Then in Navigation1.DidiShow event write: Window1.open();
  5. Joel_Eisenstat

thanks - just testing the gui portions before the code editor

6. Joel_Eisenstat

BTW the Navigation attempted use of the code editor generates an error.

7. marco

@Joel_Eisenstat which error? how can we reproduce it?

8. Joel_Eisenstat

When the focus is placed on the navigation controller object in the layout list when the code editor is
    open/active an error is given and /or no response .

9. marco

22 Oct 2016 Administrator User since 2016

@Joel_Eisenstat unfortunately we are not able to reproduce the issue, can you please let us know how to trigger it?

10. Joel_Eisenstat

22 Oct 2016 User since 2016

When I mouse over the navigation object it is not represented in the code editor

11. marco

22 Oct 2016 Administrator User since 2016

@Joel_Eisenstat you mean when you touch a bar button item in the navigation bar?
    If yes then the event is the Window "action".
    Parameter is a buttonTag you can set in the Navigation Items section in the corresponding Window inspector.

BTW mouse over events cannot be raised in a mobile device

12. Joel_Eisenstat

22 Oct 2016 User since 2016

I am referring to the development environment on the mac using a mouse/touchpad where the focus is on the object in the heirarechal layout menu - in the recipes example it works , but in a new project with multiple navigations it did not for the second navigation object.

13. marco

23 Oct 2016 Administrator User since 2016

@Joel_Eisenstat I am not sure to understand, can you please let me know how to reproduce the issue?

14. Joel_Eisenstat

23 Oct 2016 User since 2016

All seems ok - there seems to be some refresh issues at times . Not all objects appear in the code editor and inspector elements are empty ( although the objects exist) .

15. demianturner

25 Oct 2016 User since 2016

I think I understand and agree with what @Joel_Eisenstat is reporting. There is a great tool called Quickcast (http://quickcast.io ) that let's you make and publish <3 mins screencasts with voice that would save a lot of back and forth here. Should be mandatory for any non-trivial bug report ;-)

16. marco

25 Oct 2016 Administrator User since 2016

@demianturner our bug hunting life would be so much easier!

or Sign Up to reply!