Creo beta 1.0b14

1. 6 years ago

marco

14 Sep 2017 Administrator User since 2016

We just released Creo 1.0 beta 14 with a lot of new features.
    CreoPlayer has also been updated to version 1.0.12.
    Complete version history is available here .

2. matteolovatti

14 Sep 2017 User since 2016

A big thumb up for custom classes!! Awesome, thanks!

3. marco

14 Sep 2017 Administrator User since 2016

Thanks @matteolovatti!

4. Roayati

29 Sep 2017 User since 2017

@marco
    Thanks for keeping Creo update I have been trying creo for last 4 months now and following each update and I want to give you my honest feedback
    I have concerns about the approach of what creo will be in future.
    What I was looking for is simple easy visual editor to make native apps for iOS and Android but what I'm seeing is more focuse in coding and complexity , look for example last tutorial most parts is codes only experience programmer can make from scratch, if this is what creo will be in future I think experience programmer have better and more power choices like xcode, Android studio, react native. !

Instead you should focus on making things simple fast easy visually to make really native apps without code as much as possible, in that case creo will be reveloutionery IDE

Please take look at bubble.is what they make for web app, they make something no one made before flexible easy and rubest development IDE for web, you should make Creo like that

Keep the nice things coming
    Thanks again all the best

5. marco

29 Sep 2017 Administrator User since 2016

Hi @Roayati and thanks a lot for your message, I carefully read it and I really appreciate your honesty.

Today development tools are mainly divided between two main categories: on one side there are pro tools like Xcode or Android Studio which requires a lot of technical skills ad time and on the other side there are over-simplified solutions that are not really able to produce more than simple apps without a real market.

We think that there is a lot of space between the two sides and that's the reason why we created Creo.
    Creo must be simple enough to be able to solve the most common problems in few clicks but it should also be flexible enough to be able to create ANY kind of apps (and not just a limited subset).

Few days ago an user requested a way to give his users the ability to sign directly from the app he was developing, that's the reason why we created the Freehand Drawing tutorial. With 9 lines of code he is now able to add that functionality to his app. 9 lines of code is a ridiculous amount of code if you think a bit more about it.

Once the Freehand Drawing view has been developed we can reuse it in other projects or even better we'll soon release a built-in marketplace inside Creo where developers and designers will be able to share their solutions. So most of the time you can just select the module or feature that you need more.

No one can create a tool that can solve all the needs for each designer or developer, but we really think that Creo has the right balance to be able to solve most the app development requirements.

or Sign Up to reply!