What resolution for graphics assets?

1. 7 years ago

steveharman

1 Aug 2016 User since 2016

In readiness for the upcoming b5 release I'm starting to layout my project's screens. With a view to different iOS device sizes / resolutions and indeed future Android deployment - what should I be thinking about regarding graphics objects in my views?

Do I use graphics elements of a resolution which matches the highest available device LCD resolution and Creo will scale down when the app is deployed to lower resolution devices? Or am I going about this all the wrong way.

It was a recent change to Appcelerator's SDK that got me thinking; instead of needing app-icons in a whole range of different resolutions they now just ask for a single high-res icon (2048 x 2048?) and their SDK 'works down' from there to generate lower res icons at build time. Obviously that's for the app icon & not view elements, but.....

And thinking of UI; is there any help / tutorials yet available for animation in Creo?

Thanks,

Steve

2. marco

2 Aug 2016 Administrator User since 2016

Hi @steveharman,
    Creo already automatically scales down app icon if you just provide one high-res representation.
    For all other artworks the best available representation is used (based on device scale).

Documentation and tutorials will be available after b5.

3. steveharman

2 Aug 2016 User since 2016

Great, thanks @marco (not Mario... ;-)

4. damerms

4 Aug 2016 User since 2016

One can use Pixelcut's sketch Paintcode plugin or Paintcode App (I own) to create graphics for iOS. Then you will not need to worry about this if Creo will be able to accept the code they generate.

or Sign Up to reply!