1. 6 years ago

Joel_Eisenstat

24 Jun 2017 User since 2016

Good morning
    PageSplit.openIn(Detail); crashes Creo.
    Joel

2. marco

24 Jun 2017 Administrator User since 2016

Hi @Joel_Eisenstat I just tried to reproduce the issue with no luck.
    Do you have a simple project that is able to reproduce the crash?

3. Joel_Eisenstat

24 Jun 2017 User since 2016

Here is a code sample , I will send a project later today.

//PageSplit1.openDetailWindowAtIndex(index);

//Detail.identifier = cell.identifier;
    PageSplit1.openIn(Detail);
    // fails - bug report sent

//Console.write(index);
    //Console.write(Detail.identifier);
    Joel

4. marco

24 Jun 2017 Administrator User since 2016

No need to send the project, with that code we was able to reproduce the issue.
    Thanks.

5. Joel_Eisenstat

25 Jun 2017 User since 2016

Any eta when this is resolved ?

6. marco

25 Jun 2017 Administrator User since 2016

We can resolve the crash but I really don't understand what are you trying to achieve with the code:

PageSplit1.openIn(Detail);

Please explain what you are trying to do.

7. Joel_Eisenstat

25 Jun 2017 User since 2016

I am trying to use a specific index with Postgres as opposed to the built in row number with
    PageSplit1.openDetailWindowAtIndex(index);. The Detail.identifier = cell.identifier; doesn't seem to work with PageSplit ( works fine with Navigation as per your example) so I was testing with openIn(Detail).

My design basis is to have a 'slide out' window (PageView for the Creo ide ) holding the customer info
    for availability. The Detail window has a custom view header with this info while the body has the specific
    details. There are 4 detail windows accessed from a Segmented controller for the test case . Each has its own 'detail' query but the header query is constant - determined by the Masterlist.

This works well in that after I navigate from segment 1 /2 or 3 back to 0 the sql select fires and populates the Detail body. I couldn't get this work with openDetailWindowAtIndex(index) ( likely my inexperience) so a work around was attempted.

Any comment on using methods openDetailWindowAtIndex or openIn are appreciated.
    Regards,
    Joel

8. andrea

26 Jun 2017 Administrator User since 2016

Hi @Joel_Eisenstat ,
    we are updating the documentation of the "open..." functions.
    In the meantime, I try to explain them:

func openDetailWindowAtIndex(index: Int):
    Open the detail window of the PageSplit at the specified index. The first window inside a PageSplit is used as the master window, the next window(s) will be used as detail window(s). If the PageSplit has more than one detail window then this method opens the window at the specified index from the array of configured windows (skipping the first master window). If the PageSplit is configured with two subwindows - one master and one details - this method opens the detail window and set the value of the index parameter to the rowIndex property of the first custom View inside the detail window.

func openIn(window: Window or Navigation):
    Example: TargetWindow.openIn(ContainerWindow);
    Open callee object (TargetWindow) inside parameter object (ContainerWindow) using its default behaviour. Note that TargetWindow and/or ContainerWindow can be a Window or a Navigation.

I don't understand exactly what you need to do, if you send me your project I can try to help you (I will send you an email, you can reply to that mail if you want).

The fix to the crash that you reported will be available with the next beta release. Anyway, that code will cause a runtime error because it tries to open the PageSplit in the Detail window which is contained by the same PageSplit, so the real action is to open the PageSplit in the PageSplit but this action is prohibited.

9. Joel_Eisenstat

29 Jun 2017 User since 2016

Good morning,
    Solved the issue . Moved away from central event loop ( Will Show, etc) to local function in order to use
    PageSplit with specific Postgres index and have finer control.
    Regards,
    Joel

or Sign Up to reply!