JavaScript Again...

1. 7 years ago

steveharman

2 Apr 2016 User since 2016

Dear All,

I'm really starting to love Creo - so many things 'just make sense' with how apps are put together.

But I have to return to why so many hundreds of thousands of devs flock to Appcelerator, Ionic, React, NativeScript, Angular and Cordova / Phonegap for mobile development and that's JavaScript.

I doubt there's a day goes by when those mobile devs don't think "I wonder if there's a library, function or framework I can include to help me do...[whatever]". Today it was MomentJS http://momentjs.com/ - a tiny, super-cool JavaScript library on GitHub that allows us to do just about anything with dates and timezones. I'd love to be able to use this sort of thing from within Creo.

Reading up on Gravity and Creokit, "CreoKIT is an ObjC/Swift native framework that enables us to execute any iOS (and soon Android) code on Mac". Gravity: "...a tiny virtual machine that can efficiently run on any operating system". How likely is it that CreoKIT and Gravity (the VM element) could be extended to support JS too?

Sorry, I know this has question been raised before but diving into MomentJS today just raised the issue again for me.

Steve

2. marco

4 Apr 2016 Administrator User since 2016

Hi @steveharman and thanks for the message.
    We'll finalize Gravity by b5 and we have plans to transparently supports Javascript by b6.
    We realize how important would be to have Javascript support within Creo and we want to support it in the right way.
    So, just some more patience and I am sure you'll be extremely satisfied by our implementation.

3. steveharman

4 Apr 2016 User since 2016

Hi @marco

The other day you made my weekend (future 3rd party SDK support) and today you've absolutely made my Monday. :-)

Cheers,

Steve

or Sign Up to reply!