Grouping controls

1. 7 years ago

knarfje

12 Apr 2016 User since 2016

I'm trying to create a menu that slides over a table cell. That means that I need a graphic control with a couple of buttons to slide in as a group. It would be nice to group them together. Then I can animate the whole group as one control.

2. steveharman

12 Apr 2016 User since 2016

I'd wondered about something similar @knarfje in my attempt to implement a burger menu: It would be nice to animate a custom view which I don't think can be done at present?

Currently when trying to add a new animation to a Custom View I get "Animation creation error. A window variant, template or container is required." And as my custom view is in the templates section of the Project navigator - I'm a bit stumped.

If we could animate a custom view we could place all our controls , buttons etc. on to the it and apply animation.

Looking at the error I get when trying to animate a custom view ("A window variant, template or container is required") perhaps it will be possible to animate a 'template' and all of its contents? I'm guessing here...

Steve

or Sign Up to reply!