CollectionView add Cell doesn't work

1. 5 years ago

sworteu

22 Aug 2018 User since 2018
    Edited 5 years ago by sworteu

Hi, when having a CollectionView and trying to add a Cell using CollectionView1 and clicking on the + next to it, i select Cell.
    The popup menu shows the "Cell" as blue (and remains blue) but no other cells coming below the CollectionView1.

See the image. It doesn't allow me to add any more cells is it me or is this normal behaviour?

2. marco

23 Aug 2018 Administrator User since 2016

Hi @sworteu it is a normal behaviour.
    Once you added a default cell you can customise its appearance and then you need to connect a DataSet to your CollectionView in order to be able to display multiple items.

Please take a look at https://docs.creolabs.com/creo/dataset.html and the relative tutorials in order to better understand how to display multiple items in a CollectionView.

3. sworteu

23 Aug 2018 User since 2018

@marco Hi @sworteu it is a normal behaviour.
    Once you added a default cell you can customise its appearance and then you need to connect a DataSet to your CollectionView in order to be able to display multiple items.

Please take a look at https://docs.creolabs.com/creo/dataset.html and the relative tutorials in order to better understand how to display multiple items in a CollectionView.

I see from the tutorials but when i try to add another cell my project got corrupted. You should have gotten a crash report.

4. marco

23 Aug 2018 Administrator User since 2016
    Edited 5 years ago by marco

Can you please let me know how you add another cell? (it should be disabled if another cell was previously added)

5. sworteu

23 Aug 2018 User since 2018

By using the + icon right of the CollectionView1.
    It showed the popup and let me click again

6. marco

24 Aug 2018 Administrator User since 2016

@sworteu can you please let me know how to reproduce the issue?
    We tried several times but when a cell is already added to a CollectionView then adding a new one is disabled from the popover menu that shown after you press the + icon.

7. sworteu

24 Aug 2018 User since 2018
    Edited 5 years ago by sworteu

@marco @sworteu can you please let me know how to reproduce the issue?
    We tried several times but when a cell is already added to a CollectionView then adding a new one is disabled from the popover menu that shown after you press the + icon.

See the image.

i clicked the blue popup a couple of times, then it crashed. And the project got corrupted somehow.
    as you can see, there already was a cell.

8. marco

24 Aug 2018 Administrator User since 2016

@sworteu it seems disabled (like it should be)... are you able to add another cell?

9. sworteu

24 Aug 2018 User since 2018

@marco @sworteu it seems disabled (like it should be)... are you able to add another cell?

I’m not able to, but i crashed when i clicked a couple of times. And project got corrupted. I’ll try to do ot again later, let you know exactly how i got it to crash.

or Sign Up to reply!