TableView Sections

1. 5 years ago

Joel_Eisenstat

5 Dec 2018 User since 2016

Good evening,
    Is it possible to have expanding section within the TableView ? I have a query which has 32 records per date , which ideally would have each date per section , expanding the 32 records in the list.
    If possible any example is always appreciated.
    Regards,
    Joel

2. marco

5 Dec 2018 Administrator User since 2016

Hi @Joel_Eisenstat sections introduce a lot more problems to solve.
    We already have sections in our internal builds and I think we'll be ready to release that functionality to all the users pretty soon.

3. Joel_Eisenstat

5 Dec 2018 User since 2016

Great news ! In the interim I have the TableView with logic "blanking" the repeating date column. The logic tests ok but I am having trouble in replacing the date in the TableView. The dot notation PerioHistory.TableView1.Cell2.CustomView1.date.text = "-----" ;
    doesn't seem to work. Any guidance is always welcome.
    code snippet
    rs.moveFirst();
    var rows = rs.rowCount;
    var pdate;

var i = 0;

while (i < rows+1) {

if ( rs.stringValue(1) == pdate ) {
    PerioHistory.TableView1.Cell2.CustomView1.date.text = "-----" ; // not working

} else {

pdate = rs.stringValue(1);
    }
    i += 1;
    rs.moveNext();
    }

return i;

4. marco

11 Dec 2018 Administrator User since 2016

@Joel_Eisenstat you can't change values of a table in that way.
    Tables (and any other control that is driven by a DataSet), read data and visualise it.
    If you want to change values, you need to change values in the DataSet, in this case I think it is a database.
    So change values in the database and ask the table to refresh its content.

5. Joel_Eisenstat

11 Dec 2018 User since 2016

Thanks Marco,
    I guess the only way would to do a query that doesn’t repeat the same value within the column .
    Please consider this a feature request , if possible , to access objects in the TableView row
    Will also try by .hidden the object in the computed property row

or Sign Up to reply!