Debug capabilities

1. 5 years ago

Marc

24 Jan 2019 User since 2018

I'm just scratching the surface of Creolabs right now, but the first impression is good. I especially like the speed of testing. Almost no compile time after the debug starts.

But, I wonder what this product is mainly used for? Is it mainly for prototyping only? I'm asking this because I don't see any (advanced) debug capabilities like breakpoint, stepping through and watch variables. Is this something that is in the works or is it out of the program's intended use case?

2. marco

24 Jan 2019 Administrator User since 2016

Hi @Marc and thanks for your post.
    We are working on debugging capabilities (with breakpoints, step in and so on), these features should be available in the near future. Creo can be used both for advanced prototyping and to create fully featured app ready to be submitted to the App Store.

3. Marc

25 Jan 2019 User since 2018

@marco Hi @Marc and thanks for your post.
    We are working on debugging capabilities (with breakpoints, step in and so on), these features should be available in the near future. Creo can be used both for advanced prototyping and to create fully featured app ready to be submitted to the App Store.

I'm guessing asking for an ETA cannot be answered easily, but I surely hope that it's very soon. Without it debugging is hard.

4. marco

26 Jan 2019 Administrator User since 2016

@Marc I'd like to have the debugger within 2/3 months.

5. Marc

26 Jan 2019 User since 2018

@marco @Marc I'd like to have the debugger within 2/3 months.

That's great! Thanks!

You've made a very promising product.

I'm surprised that I now can make an app in an IDE that doesn't use 1-3 GB memory (VS) and that starting debugging is almost instant (compared to Xcode simulator).

or Sign Up to reply!