Support for CloudKit

1. 5 years ago

Marc

12 Feb 2019 User since 2018

Is support for CloudKit planned. What I personally need is to have some simple key/value storage, to share small data and settings across the user's devices. If complete support is too much, a small class that only does this, would be great.

2. marco

12 Feb 2019 Administrator User since 2016

Hi @Marc seems like a perfect request for a plugin. We'll add support for this as soon as we can.

3. Marc

@marco Hi @Marc seems like a perfect request for a plugin. We'll add support for this as soon as we can.

I was hoping for a more standard class that supports CloudKit. Is that planned?

I understand that my specific example of key/value storage should preferably be done via a plugin, but I'm hoping that support of "standard" functionality like CloudKit will not be left to third-party plugin builders. That would bring back some bad memories from my Xojo period ... ;)

4. marco

12 Feb 2019 Administrator User since 2016

For Plugins I mean the architecture... a plugin for CloudKit will be developed and supported directly from Creolabs.

5. Marc

@marco For Plugins I mean the architecture... a plugin for CloudKit will be developed and supported directly from Creolabs.

Ok, nice. Looking forward to the plugin functionality. :)

or Sign Up to reply!