Get image raw data

1. 5 years ago

Luiz D'Aniello

23 Mar 2019 User since 2019

I want to get the color for a specific pixel in the image. Something good for games, or even check where in an image a person clicked.
    it's something like:

func getPixelColor(pos: CGPoint) -> UIColor {

let pixelData = CGDataProviderCopyData(CGImageGetDataProvider(self.CGImage))
              let data: UnsafePointer<UInt8> = CFDataGetBytePtr(pixelData)

let pixelInfo: Int = ((Int(self.size.width) * Int(pos.y)) + Int(pos.x)) * 4

let r = CGFloat(data[pixelInfo]) / CGFloat(255.0)
              let g = CGFloat(data[pixelInfo+1]) / CGFloat(255.0)
              let b = CGFloat(data[pixelInfo+2]) / CGFloat(255.0)
              let a = CGFloat(data[pixelInfo+3]) / CGFloat(255.0)

return UIColor(red: r, green: g, blue: b, alpha: a)
          }  

But i think CoreGraphics or CoreFoundation aren't ported. Is there another way?

2. marco

23 Mar 2019 Administrator User since 2016

Hi @Luiz D'Aniello you would need read access or read/write access to pixel information?

3. Luiz D'Aniello

I think write i could use BezierPath. What i need is check the color (rgba) of a point

4. marco

23 Mar 2019 Administrator User since 2016

The method you posted (as an example) would be very inefficient (it makes a full copy of the image buffer at each call). How you would expect the return values? An Int that represents RGBA with a mask? Or an array of values (probably inefficient), or what?

5. Luiz D'Aniello

It’s a function that I used on Swift and with Xojo. I know it’s very inefficient, but I don’t think there are one that I could get just a specific pixel.
    A return with the Int value of R,G,B and A.
    Because I can test for specific colors or Alpha channel.

6. marco

24 Mar 2019 Administrator User since 2016

Hi @Luiz D'Aniello I'd like to have a more complete solution, that's the reason why we are going to introduce a new ImageBuffer/ImageSurface object (not yet sure about the exposed name) where users can get/set individual pixel values. This object will also have a way to create an Image.

Please note that nexts version will also have CIFilters support.

7. Luiz D'Aniello

25 Mar 2019 User since 2019

Hi @marco. That would be really nice.
    A function that i could get/set pixel values are good to map images. Controlling the alpha channel or a secondary image with a map of colors, i could see in which part of image a person touched.
    Waiting for next versions. ;-)

8. 4 years ago

marco

5 Apr 2019 Administrator User since 2016

@Luiz D'Aniello you can expect a lot of news next week :-)

9. Luiz D'Aniello

8 Apr 2019 User since 2019

@marco can't wait to see it.

or Sign Up to reply!