requestReview()

1. 4 years ago

konradkolasa

2 Apr 2019 User since 2019

Hey,

I'm facing an issue while using AppStore.requestReview(). Every time I call it in my app, it ends up with

Runtime Error
    Unable to process bridge request because signature for method requestReview (selector requestReview) cannot be build.DidShow (MainNavigation)

Did I do everything properly? Does it only work when app is downloaded from AppStore? When I released a beta through the TestFlight it happens the same.

2. marco

2 Apr 2019 Administrator User since 2016

@konradkolasa you did it properly but there is an issue in the 2.0.4 that prevents it from working properly. We'll soon release a new 2.0.5 version that will fix the issue.

3. konradkolasa

2 Apr 2019 User since 2019

Rapid response, as always, thanks!
    I'll lock this feature for now in my test version until the new Creo is shipped.

Just formally, this feature just pops up an alert with the stars and buttons to rate the app, am I right?

4. marco

3 Apr 2019 Administrator User since 2016

Yes @konradkolasa, something like the attached image:

5. konradkolasa

11 Apr 2019 User since 2019
    Edited 4 years ago by konradkolasa

@marco I'm wondering what happens if the user has already sent a Review. Does this alert pop up the same?

I wanted to add a feature dependent on App.count and time, but I'd like to avoid harrying users that already made it. I could save the timestamp in DB and recall this popup for instance every 2 weeks, but it's necessary to know if the user already sent a review. Is there any way?

6. marco

12 Apr 2019 Administrator User since 2016

@konradkolasa from Apple official documentation: "Because this method may or may not present an alert, it's not appropriate to call it in response to a button tap or other user action.". I am quite sure that if the user already sent a review or if you call this method too many times than it simply does not show a dialog. So it is not necessary to know if the user already sent a review.

7. konradkolasa

15 Apr 2019 User since 2019

@marco Cool, thanks! My colleague told me that Apple blocks this alert somehow, so I'm sure now I won't harry users too much. I'm wondering if I addict it to app launch count will it appear more than once or not – I mean if the user clicked "Not now".

8. marco

17 Apr 2019 Administrator User since 2016

Unfortunately there is no way to know that information. Apple do not expose any other option.

or Sign Up to reply!