GridDataSet Objects

1. 4 years ago

Torriep

24 Mar 2020 User since 2020

Hi,

I am new to the Object-oriented concepts. I understand the basics like events, methods and properties for controls but I am trying to use the Database objects and I have no clue what to do.

I would like to basically create a grid in memory where I can programmatically assign values to row, column coordinates. This sounds simple enough but I have no clue where to start.

There is the Grid data set that sound like it is a shoe-in but I have so many questions about it:

• When I configure it, can I change the column names to numbers from 1 to 20 so I can add value like this : (2,3) = 4
    • If so, how do I add values to that Grid. I see that the GridDataSet inherits from BaseDataSet so if I understand correctly, all the methods of BaseDataSet are also inherited by GridDataSet. So it seems like I should be able to retrieve data with valueForIndex(row: Int, column: Int): That is fine, but how do I set the value in the first place?
    • Then, in order for all those objects to become instantiated, should I add to my Window all objects, GridDataSet AND a regular Dataset

If you could provide a full example of how to use Griddataset that is not part of a chart, that would be great. Or at lease please give me a good object oriented reference I can read to learn about those concepts I don't understand.

Thanks

Pierre

or Sign Up to reply!