How to save Data from HTTPRequest for offline use

1. 6 years ago

Roayati

21 Jun 2017 User since 2017

Hello Creo's

I need to load data from HTTPRequest (for example from Spotify) and make it available when device offline
    maybe we could use HTTPRequest than SQLite to save data but I need to know how we connect them together

Thanks in advance

2. marco

10 Jul 2017 Administrator User since 2016

Hi @Roayati can you please let us know what kid of data are you trying to get from Spotify?

3. Roayati

11 Jul 2017 User since 2017

I need to save song information such us (name, artist, album .. etc) and save to for Offline use

4. Roayati

24 Jul 2017 User since 2017

@marco ?!

5. marco

24 Jul 2017 Administrator User since 2016

You can save all that information in a sqlite database.
    Do you have a sample project to show me?

6. Roayati

26 Jul 2017 User since 2017

@marco I have attached iTunes search, I need to save data as offline , so whenever I open app in offline it show the data

Thanks @marco

7. Roayati

30 Jul 2017 User since 2017

@marco !?

8. marco

1 Aug 2017 Administrator User since 2016
    Edited 6 years ago by marco

In Request -> NewValue event write the following code:

var n = value["resultCount"];
    var r = value["results"];
    for (var entry in r) {
    	var artistId = entry["artistId"];
    	var artistName = entry["artistName"];
    	var trackName = entry["trackName"];
    	Console.write("\(artistName) \(trackName)");
    }

entry is a dictionary extracted from the JSON result set, and each key of the dictionary corresponds to the key of the JSON result (that you can see from the preview panel).

Once you extracted the fields you are interested on then you can serialise them to an sqlite database and then reuse it when network connection if off.

Please note that in order to trigger the NewValue event one the simulator you have to pull to refresh the tableView (issue will be fixed in the next version). This trick is not necessary on a real device.

or Sign Up to reply!