timing for Android availability

1. 8 years ago

jamesplank

6 Mar 2016 User since 2016

Hi
    I understand that this is very early in the dev cycle just to get crew working. And that iOS is your first target.
    But do you have any idea of timing for other platforms and really Im talking about android.
    I don't know whether to invest time here or not.
    Ive been burnt before with startups using iOS and the initial push, and Android is promised but is really the poor uncle
    never gets any love and when it does arrive its so cut down compared to its apple cousin its unusable.

So no exact promises just a ball park date, year even?

2. marco

6 Mar 2016 Administrator User since 2016

Hi @jamesplank yes it is a bit early in the dev cycle and we are now 100% focused on iOS.
    What I can say is that CreoKIT is the only component that must be adapted to Android and everything else has been developed to be multiplatform from scratch. Adapting CreoKIT to Android should not be a too difficult task (only the UI must be ported). We'll probably need to figure out a smart way to handle the Android fragmentation but we already have something done for that point. Within this year I am confident we'll have Android support in Creo.

3. damerms

7 Mar 2016 User since 2016

Great to hear this. Right now I see Neonto Studio leading as being a similar tool. It already has iOS and Android Studio integration with solid generated code and you can see the flows, albeit that the interface is a bit hefty.

4. jamesplank

8 Mar 2016 User since 2016

Thanks marco
    Sounds great. Full steam ahead

5. 5 years ago

jtcreate

31 Jul 2018 User since 2018

Good morning! I know this is an old thread, but wondering how this was coming along/timing? Thank you.

6. marco

1 Aug 2018 Administrator User since 2016

Hi @jtcreate no project timeframes yet available.
    It is a very ambitious project and we prefer to play safe and not sell any false promise.

7. 4 years ago

jamesplank

15 Oct 2019 User since 2016

Hi Marco
    Credo iOS is coming along nicely.
    Are you still intending to release an android version?
    I’ve been hoping for a while now, ie when I started this thread.
    Cheers James

or Sign Up to reply!