Editing text

1. 5 years ago

Joel_Eisenstat

21 Sep 2018 User since 2016

Good morning,
    After copy/paste ( a query) deleting characters ~ 20 in row causes Creo to crash .
    Reproduced a few times
    Joel

2. Joel_Eisenstat

Just tested - 19 characters

3. Joel_Eisenstat

It is when editing within quotes - workaround - don't do that

4. marco

21 Sep 2018 Administrator User since 2016

@Joel_Eisenstat do you have a crash log?
    How can I reproduce it?

Thanks!

5. Joel_Eisenstat

No crash log but this is the query I was trying to edit ;
    sql = 'INSERT INTO "Chart_Odont_Procedure" ("pat_id","tooth_no","code","description","surface","status","anaesthetic","carpules","notes","material","sutures","suture_no","procedure_image","locked","date","odont", "coronol","root") VALUES ($$\(patidentifier)$$,$$\(toothText.text)$$,$$\(codeText.text)$$,$$\(descriptionText.text)$$,$$\(surfaceText.text)$$,$$\(status)$$, $$\(anaestheticText.text)$$, $$\(carpules)$$, $$\(notesText.text)$$, $$\(materialText.text)$$, $$\(sutureText.text)$$, $$\(suturenoText.text)$$, (decode($$\(image2)$$,\'base64\')), $$\(lock)$$, $$\(dateText.text)$$, $$\(odontToggle.value)$$, $$\(coronol)$$, $$\(root)$$)';

Crashes after deleting 19 characters in a row as is. Replicated three times.
    Edit was ok after the quotes were removed.
    HTH

6. marco

@Joel_Eisenstat I tried to replicate the issue without any luck.
    Are you removing the characters starting from the end of the string (so from the ; character) or what?

7. Joel_Eisenstat

I needed the same query without all the columns so I was backspacing from the end of the values but crashed before my required end point. Once the ' ' were removed the problem went away. I can't remember the exact character.

8. Joel_Eisenstat

Just had the same issue in a different project - editing within quotes caused Creo to crash

9. marco

@Joel_Eisenstat very good catch thanks!
    Issue has been fixed, you should expect a new version by Monday/Tuesday.

or Sign Up to reply!