Flex as standard

1. 5 years ago

Marc

31 Jan 2019 User since 2018
    Edited 5 years ago by Marc

I really like Flex. Therefore it would be nice to have it selected by standard (via a setting in the general Creo settings) for every control/view I add. Maybe also the ability to set some other standard, like for alignment/justify.

2. marco

2 Feb 2019 Administrator User since 2016

Hi @Marc not sure if this could be a good idea. You seems an experienced developer but a lot of users find the autoresizing mask much more easier to use (even if it is much less powerful than Flex).

Please note that we plan to add some pre-configured Flex views with standard alignments into the Objects list.

3. Marc

2 Feb 2019 User since 2018
    Edited 5 years ago by Marc

@marco Hi @Marc not sure if this could be a good idea. You seems an experienced developer but a lot of users find the autoresizing mask much more easier to use (even if it is much less powerful than Flex).

Please note that we plan to add some pre-configured Flex views with standard alignments into the Objects list.

I understand what you're saying, but I was thinking of a project setting (default off) or when the container has Flex turned on, all child controls/views could inherit the setting. Now I have to enable Flex on every control I add. Not a really big issue, but it could be easier ;)

4. daninutero

14 Feb 2019 User since 2019

Seconding this. Enabling flex for everything is a monotonous task.

or Sign Up to reply!