Duplicate Window Crash

1. 4 years ago

Joel_Eisenstat

15 Apr 2019 User since 2016

I duplicated a window and renamed it . This window caused Creo to crash upon opening in the simulator and CreoPlayer using APInvoice.open(). This also occurred when initialization methods were removed so I assume something occurred in the duplication process.

2. marco

15 Apr 2019 Administrator User since 2016

Hi @Joel_Eisenstat, I am sorry for the troubles ... can you please send me the project that is able to reproduce the crash? Thanks a lot.

3. Joel_Eisenstat

In moving objects one by one I have narrowed the issue to a single TableView , will upload a sample project if the crash is replicated.
    Thanks

4. marco

15 Apr 2019 Administrator User since 2016

Thanks @Joel_Eisenstat I would really appreciate.

5. Joel_Eisenstat

Narrowed to a TableView and renamed var's, copied/pasted methods/objects and eliminated the 'hard' crash.
    I recognize larger projects combining small Creo projects with dragndrop and duplicating windows, etc. will sometimes cause corruption for some of the files but if possible a crash log to identify the fault would be a great help.
    Creo typically is very stable and the new version is quite fast.
    The search tool is very useful when duplicating but even better if it can be expanded to include a replace tool as well.
    Keep up the good work !

6. marco

19 Apr 2019 Administrator User since 2016

@Joel_Eisenstat do you have a way to reproduce this issue?

7. Joel_Eisenstat

19 Apr 2019 User since 2016

Will work back and replicate the duplication issue likely on Monday after the holiday weekend. Once I have it the project will be sent privately.
    Have a great weekend

8. Joel_Eisenstat

22 Apr 2019 User since 2016

Just copied the project and duplicated the window that previously caused the problem. This time it went as expected so I assume it was a corruption anomaly of a single TableView.

or Sign Up to reply!