Side Menu - and Tutorials?

1. 8 years ago

steveharman

24 Mar 2016 User since 2016

Hi,

How do I add an expanding side menu please ? (i.e; tap on a burger menu to expand a panel of options from the left-hand-side of the screen)

Also are there any tutorials yet?

I'm looking for a bit more detail than is currently available in the docs: "Everything is explicit and really intuitive, Windows can be moved or rearranged inside navigations." OK but what's the difference between a window, a navigation and a view for example? If they're similar where should we use one instead of another? etc.

Thanks,

Steve

2. 7 years ago

steveharman

30 Mar 2016 User since 2016

Is there a statement on when / whether a side-menu option will be implemented in Creo please?

I notice Ionic just added it to their Creator tool yesterday and I'm struggling to think of any mobile project of ours from the past two years which hasn't used one.

Thanks,

Steve

3. damerms

31 Mar 2016 User since 2016

Hi Steve -

• Create two windows.
    • The first window should have your hamburger menu.
    • The second window should have your panel with its navigation links
    • Click the hamburger menu in the first window and in the inspector on the right click the third icon that says actions
    • For the event select action
    • Hit the plus icon
    • Choose open
    • Select second window in dropdown
    • Maybe add some animation to delight the user

As for the terminology, check out the Human Interface Guidelines. https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/MobileHIG/index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40006556-CH66-SW1

Note: I have not tried this and I don't work for Creo. This is based on my experience.

Dave

4. steveharman

31 Mar 2016 User since 2016
    Edited 7 years ago by steveharman

Hi Dave,

Now that's an intetesting idea, thanks I'll give it a try when back in the office tomorrow.

Cheers,

Steve

5. steveharman

1 Apr 2016 User since 2016

Is there a "Cover Horizontal" animation option @marco ? i.e; the horizontal equivalent to "Cover Vertical"

Apart from the issue with buttons in the menu bar that we spoke about on the Bug Reports channel, I'm experimenting with the suggestion from @damerms but want my 'panel' to slide in horizontally from the left of the screen.

Thanks.

or Sign Up to reply!