iOS bug

1. 4 years ago

ingurgite

21 Sep 2019 User since 2018
    Edited 4 years ago by ingurgite

Hi,

Running my Creo app on iOS has stopped working. I cannot figure out if it is me changing something that is not supported on iOS but in any case it works perfectly in the macOS simulator. See screenshot.

Noteworthy is that there is no "version" object or method in my code. The search functionality in the simulator returns zero results when looking for "version". It looks like it references another object or something.

IMG_3939.PNG

Any idea?

Thanks.

2. marco

21 Sep 2019 Administrator User since 2016

Are you you using the latest Creo version? If yes, have you exported the latest CreoPlayer from within the Creo?

3. ingurgite

21 Sep 2019 User since 2018

I've checked TestFlight. Definitely the latest version on iOS.

On macOS, the app didn't offer me to update so indeed it could have been the problem (maybe something to improve here). I just updated it and retransferred to the iOS device but same error unfortunately.

I didn't try to new Export CreoPlayer feature as it requires a signing key etc. More complicated than the current way I found. Does the old way works (with the TestFlight Creo app) or do I need to switch to the new method?

Thanks

4. marco

21 Sep 2019 Administrator User since 2016

@ingurgite the most up-to-date version is the one included in Creo. Unfortunately Apple does not allow anymore apps like CreoPlayer in TestFlight.

You should really switch to the new method in order to take advantage of the most recents changes: https://docs.creolabs.com/creo/export_creoplayer.html

5. Joel_Eisenstat

23 Sep 2019 User since 2016

Hey Marco,
    Could you provide a detailed play by play as to how to install CreoPlayer . I have all the Apple docs done and was able to build/sign an xCode project but having the hardest time with CreoPlayer exporter.
    Existing documentation, for me at least, is a little thin.
    TIA

6. marco

24 Sep 2019 Administrator User since 2016

Hi @Joel_Eisenstat does the beta build that Andrea sent you work fine?

7. Joel_Eisenstat

24 Sep 2019 User since 2016

Almost there, still some issue but it can be with certificates on my end.
    But definitely farther along than the release.

8. ingurgite

24 Sep 2019 User since 2018

Hi @marco,

Where can I find more information to export the CreoPlayer. The process shows a Signing Identity, Bundle ID and Provision Profile etc. but I have no idea how to fill those out.

Thanks.

9. marco

24 Sep 2019 Administrator User since 2016

@ingurgite please take a look at https://docs.creolabs.com/creo/export_creoplayer.html

10. ingurgite

25 Sep 2019 User since 2018

Hi @marco, I did but it does not say anything but "Select Export CreoPlayer from the File menu and the fill-in the Bundle ID and Provisioning Profile fields.". I still don't know what Bundle ID or Provisioning Profile are.

Also a Signing Identity is required. Same thing, how do I generate those?

Thanks

11. ingurgite

28 Sep 2019 User since 2018

@marco, @andrea, could you please give us more information on this new way to deploy?

Thanks.

12. and

7 Oct 2019 User since 2016

@ingurgite,
    the Export CreoPlayer Documentation has been updated with more information on those fields.

13. ingurgite

12 Oct 2019 User since 2018

Thanks @andrea, @marco. I've successfully generated an .IPA file. But then the documentation does not explain what to do with it, how to put that on your phone.

Thanks.

14. ingurgite

12 Oct 2019 User since 2018

I've used Apple Configurator 2, probably worth referencing articles covering that step of the process.

15. marco

14 Oct 2019 Administrator User since 2016

@ingurgite please follow this tutorial https://docs.creolabs.com/creo/transfer-to-device.html

or Sign Up to reply!